Foliage by Gabrielle DiTota
100% Pure Florida opened last week at Fifth Avenue Art Gallery. Awards were announced at First Friday's opening reception and were given as follows:
1st Place: Gabrielle DiTota, for Foliage; $500 and a solo show in June of 2017. The award was sponsored by gallery members Renee´ Decator, William R. McCoy, Mark & Lois Mittleman, Witha Lacuesta and Nancy Gatti.
2nd Place: Nancy Hamlin-Vogler for Linear Elements: Birds; $300, , sponsored by Susan and John Hopkins
3rd Place: Thom Harrell, for Imminent Danger; $200, , sponsored by Southern Janitor Supply
Merit Awards of $100 each:
• Karen "Keko" Ekonomou, for Drink Pink, sponsored by Strawbridge Art League
• James Newman, for Old Downtown Vero, sponsored by Art Gallery of Viera
• Ellen Lindner, for Florida Native #1, sponsored by Darcia and John Francey, designated for a local artist, in loving memory of Ann Jones
• Margie McInarnay, for The Lure of Leaves, sponsored by Brevard Watercolor Society
• Henry Peter, for Morning Guest, sponsored by Titusville Art League
• Katty Smith, for Planting the Seeds of Life, sponsored by Arts and Antiques Studio and Gallery
This stimulating exhibit features 54 pieces of work from 38 different artists from all over Florida. Entries from artists all over the state of Florida were juried into this exhibit. They were then judged by our guest judge, Ms. Dana Hargrove. Ms. Hargrove's background includes a B.F.A from Dundee University and a M.F.A. from Southern Illinois University Carbondale. She is presently a Professor of Art at Rollins College in Winter Park and is represented by the Bridgette Mayer Gallery in Philadelphia.
The show will be open through October 2 at Fifth Avenue Art Gallery, located in the Eau Gallie Arts District in Melbourne, FL.
Gallery hours are 10 am to 5 pm, Tuesday through Saturday, and 1 pm - 4 pm on Sundays.
Fifth Avenue Art Gallery