- NAME of event: Gallery Talk by featured artist Carrie Sieh
- DATE of event: Tuesday, April12, 2016
- TIME of event: Reception 5:15 p.m.; Lecture 6 p.m.
- LOCATION of event: Ruth Funk Center Galleries
- ADDRESS of the location: Florida Institute of Technology, 150 W. University Blvd., Melbourne, FL 32901
- PRICE of event: $10 Admission; Free for Friends of Textiles members and FIT faculty, staff, and full-time students
- PHONE NUMBER for public use: 321-674-8313
About the Artist:
Carrie Sieh is an interdisciplinary artist whose work is rooted in textiles, technology, and history. Exhibition sites include Miami International Airport, Bienes Museum of the Modern Book, Coral Gables Museum, MDC Museum of Art & Design, Charles Deering Estate, Art & Culture Center of Hollywood, and David Castillo Gallery. Collections include Bernice Steinbaum (Miami), Francie Bishop Good & David Horvitz (Ft. Lauderdale FL) Mandy Patinkin & Kathryn Grody (NYC), the James Hotel (Miami Beach), United Way Miami-Dade, and the Leland Tea Company (San Francisco), as well as private collections in the United States and Uruguay.