- NAME of event: Light and Shadow: Contemporary Fiber Art by Hye Shin
- DATE of event: September 19 – December 12, 2015
- TIME of event: Tues-Fri 10:00-4:00; Sat. 12:00-4:00
- LOCATION of event: Ruth Funk Center for Textile Arts
- ADDRESS of the location: Florida Institute of Technology, 150 W. University Blvd., Melbourne, FL 32901
- PHONE NUMBER for public use: 321-674-8313
About the ExhibitBorn and raised in South Korea, the contemporary fiber artist Hye Shin is known for her large, richly textured wall hangings. The Center is pleased to present the work of Shin’s wall hangings, embroidery and large-scale sculpture as well as a site-specific installation during fall 2015. Nature is a primary source of inspiration in Shin’s body of work and the pieces created for this exhibition are characterized by the dichotomy of the natural world (light vs. shadow, sadness vs. joy, life vs. death and recovery). The artist believes these qualities are inherent to nature and critical to understanding and appreciating its beauty.