Melbourne Main Street is excited to CALL FOR ARTISTS to apply for our juried original art show and separate juried original craft show the weekend of October 5th to October 7th.
MELBOURNE MAIN STREET FALL FESTIVAL EVENT INFORMATION
Melbourne Main Street with support from the City of Melbourne presents this juried art show and juried craft show celebration. The Melbourne Main Street Fall Festival venue includes live music, food, wine, beverages, vendors, and entertainment for families, young adults, professionals, and retirees. Historic Downtown Melbourne features quaint tree-lined streets and an assortment of unique retail shops, art galleries, antique stores, and fine restaurants. Downtown Melbourne has become the entertainment destination for Brevard County residents, bringing people from neighboring Indian River and Orange Counties. Attendance at the event is expected to exceed 20,000 people.
RULES, ELIGIBILITY, AND EXHIBIT SPACE:
1. JURIED ART SHOW: Jurying committee will consider artist creativity, innovation, artistic skill, and professionalism in jurying process. To be eligible for the juried art show, all artwork must be original, created, and to be sold directly by the artist. Commercial items, "buy/sell" or work from kits are prohibited in both the juried art & craft show.
2. CATEGORIES: Fine art categories often overlap. Jury committee reserves the right to change selected categories if it seems appropriate. Prizes are not awarded by category but by quality within the whole juried art show.
3. AWARDS & PATRON PROGRAM: There will be a minimum of $3,500 in prize monies awarded at the show. Festival Patrons will have vouchers good for purchases from the juried art show.
4. EXHIBIT SPACE: Each artist is expected to supply their own tent and display units, to be confined within a 10'x10' perimeter. Festival will also have tent rental packages available. Electricity is not provided. All booths are outdoors, subject to the vagaries of Florida weather. There are a limited number of available double sized 10'x20' booths. Premium corner/ end-booths are available on a first-come, first served basis.
5. BOOTH FEES:
$195 for 10x10' Booth
$245 for 10x10' Premium Corner or End Booths
6. DISPLAY GUIDELINES: Work displayed at the show must be consistent with images submitted with application. Original artwork must be the focal point of the exhibit booth, although sales of reproductions are permitted. Keep in mind only original art and craft pieces will be eligible for prize money. The event committee has the right to remove exhibitors that do not meet these guidelines, with no refund on exhibit fee.
7. EVENT SHOW TIMES: The Artis must be present (excepting reasonable breaks) and keep the booth open from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm Saturday and Sunday. Exhibitors can check in and set-up on Friday evening or Saturday morning.
8. SALES GUIDELINES: Exhibitors are responsible for processing payments of their art or craft sales. Each exhibitor is responsible for collecting Florida Sales Tax (6%) on all sales made during the show and submitting this payment to the State of Florida Dept. of Revenue. Tax must also be paid on space rental. No one is exempt. Artists are responsible for reporting their income to the IRS.
Deadline for application August 5th, 2012.
Artist applications and application fees will be accepted through http://www.zapplication.org.
Please include four images of artwork and one booth shot.
If there is no booth shot available submit another artwork image in place of the booth shot in zapplication system.
Artists may alternately submit a completed print application along with a non-refundable $25 application fee payable to The Gallery Club, a CD with 4 art images and one booth shot if available, a stamped, self-addressed envelope for jurying notification - mailed to The Gallery Club, P.O. Box 360297, Melbourne, FL 32936. Download application at www.MelbourneFallFest.org or email MelbourneFallFestival@gmail.com Deadline for application is August 5th, 2012.
Acceptance notification will be sent by August 10th. Artists and crafters will be required to submit a booth fee of $195 for regular booths or $245 for premium corner/end booths. We will make every attempt to honor booth requests, but do not guarantee first choice. Once paid, booth fees are not refundable. Please do not submit booth fees with applications as all fees are non-refundable. Information about booth location, accommodations, set up, etc. will be sent to accepted artists. An alternates list will be maintained in the event that additional space becomes available.