Eau Gallie Arts District Main Street Executive Director
The Eau Gallie Arts District Main Street located in the Eau Gallie area of Melbourne, Florida has a job opening for a Executive Director. This is the only salaried position for the not-for-profit Eau Gallie Arts District Main Street, Inc. The Manager reports to the Board of Directors and is supervised by the President of the Board. It is a full-time leadership position that includes interaction with the public, city officials and the media. The salary is up to $36,000 depending upon qualifications.
Become familiar with the four points of the Florida Main Street Program: Organization, Design, Promotion, and Economic Restructuring. The responsibility of the Manager is to be aware of the actions of the committees and communicate and coordinate their activities as well as assist in accomplishing their objectives. Specifically:
- Manage the day to day operations of EGAD
- Support committee, board and town hall meetings
- Maintain good relation with and provide support and training for merchants and businessmen in Eau Gallie
- Maintain good relations with government and municipal officials and be an advocate for EGAD
- Be EGAD Main Street's interface with all media
- Develop and distribute promotional and informational material including but not limited to a Monthly Newsletter, Weekly Calendar of Events, advertising copy, etc.
- Manage social media and website promoting EGAD
- Manage a storefront office providing public presence for EGAD Main Street
- Develop and maintain data systems to track the progress of the Main Street Program
- Other duties as directed by the board of Directors
- Be a self starter with the ability to work independently
- Have experience in leading and motivating a volunteer board, committees, and staff
- Have strong written, oral, and organizational skills
- High level of technical ability with strong working knowledge of computer software programs such as social media, website administration, and Microsoft office suite
- Experience with event planning, fundraising, and government relations preferred
How to Apply Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for application is March 14. Equal Opportunity Employer.