Four massive murals were painted on buildings throughout the Eau Gallie Arts District during the December 9th weekend event.
The Musing Event was created to attract the community to the EGAD Outdoor Mural Museum. Even during inclement weather, the public rallied as fifteen bands performed in the Eau Gallie Square band shell. Many participated in hands-on interactive activities, and mural artists painted between down pours. Along with the Razzle Dazzle Sunday Brunch fundraiser for the EGAD Outdoor Mural Museum, generous donations were made to advance and provide art for public viewing. Additional designs for future murals are coming soon to the EGAD Outdoor Mural Museum!
The EGAD Outdoor Mural Museum is free to the community, providing museum quality art in an outdoor setting! Mural locations for public viewing and artist information:
- 1372 Highland Ave., Remax Interactive Realty – Edgy, colorful mural on South side of building facing Montreal Ave. Artist: GG, an internationally renowned Muralist from Miami (www.GGartwork.com)
- 1402 Highland Ave., Art Expressions – Mermaid in underwater scene mural on South side of building (was postponed) is now scheduled to be painted during the week between Christmas and the New Year. Local Artist: Jean Filipski (www.filipski-art.com)
- South facing walls of band shell, Eau Gallie Square, Highland Ave. & Eau Gallie Blvd. – Local Florida Essence mural (completed previously) and in addition:
- 1490 Highland Ave., Eau Gallie Florist – Hummingbird hovering over bougainvillea mural on South side of building. Both murals by local Artist: Christopher Maslow (www.christophermaslow.com)
- 1542 Guave Ave., Indian River Potters’ Guild – “Colonel Pepper’s Circus”, a lyrical, surrealist fantasy mural on front of building. Local Artist Nancy Dillen (www.dillenart.com)
Sponsors of EGAD Outdoor Museum Mural Program
- Razzle Dazzle, Florida Discount Music, EGAD Art Lab, WFIT, Foosaner Art Museum, Remax Realty of Brevard, Art Expression, Eau Gallie Florist, Indian River Potters’ Guild, Art Supply of Melbourne, Concepts on Highland, Larry and Anne Davis, and SPEERBOT